Local news of city Abbottābād Pakistan
DIY-DNA Labeling protocol:
- DNA labeling is a technique in which DNA label with tags that facilitates the detection of Hybridization of DNA and genes. Fragment of DNA or RNA of variable length 100-1000 base pair. P51™ Molecular Fluorescence Viewer hand-on investigation for student explored the building block of life like base pairing, hybridization, energy capture, gene expression etc.
Material required for DNA labeling:
- DNA dye 70 μl.
- Buffer 1 275 μl
- Buffer 2 255 μl
- AT rich DNA 400 μl
- GC rich DNA 400 μl
- 50:50 AT and GC 500 μl
- 100mM NAOH 650 μl
- PCR tubes
- Microcentrifuge tube
- Mini pcr machine
- Micropipette tip
- Label the tubes 1,2,3 and 4
- Add 10 μl buffer to each tube
- Add 10 μl dye to each tube
- Add 5 μl of DNA sample to tube 1,2 and 3
- Do not add an any DNA to tube 4 because tube 4 is serve as negative control
- Mix the regent by pipetting up and down 3-4 time
Mini PCR protocol:
- Open a mini PCR software
- Select the heat block
- Enter a name of your experiment
- Enter the heat block parameter such as 95°C for 2 min
- Position a tube in mini-PCR
- Run a PCR
- Carefully open a mini PCR lid and remove a tube and observe under P51™ Molecular Fluorescence Viewer
Gene -synthesis by using nucleotide cartridge:
Author: Umair Masood
DNA synthesis is a molecular biology process in which the DNA is created by using artificial method. There is different standard method for gene synthesis like: oligonucleotide synthesis, endonuclease-mediated assembly, annealing base connection of oligonucleotide. Oligonucleotide synthesis is a method of relatively short fragment of nucleotide with define sequence. The production of oligonucleotide the necessary bases adenine, thymine, guanine, cytosine is added the synthesis is a computer control process that repeat several steps until full length product. Finally, the concentration of each oligonucleotide adjusted. The mixture of oligonucleotide is than provided gene synthesis lab. Oligo lab is assembled into the gene of your choice assembly by PCR (Polymerase chain reaction reaction). Limitation of gene synthesis is they are more expensive method so that the gene synthesis method can’t available to everyone. Gene-synthesis by using nucleotide cartridge method is simple and cost-effective method as compare to any other method for example per base synthesis cost is approximately 0.20$ and a cost of 2000 bases is 4000$ which is equal to 675536.80 in Pakistani rupees for other syntesis method. Gene synthesis by using nucleotide cartridge is a DIY-technique in which DNA is synthesis by using cartridge a cartridge consists of four types of nozzle each nozzle is fill with different nucleotide (A,T, C,G). Nozzle drop it bases on the falcon tube according to the input sequence. The falcon tube carries a short fragment of DNA and polymerase, start adds DNA nucleotide according to the input sequence which drop it on the falcon tube.
DIY ANTIBIOTIC PROTOCOL (Research natural antibiotic):
- Mortar and Pestle
- Cell Spreader
- Filter Paper
- 15mL Culture Tubes with LB Media, 15ml Tubes with LB AGAR
- Empty 15mL Culture Tubes
- 50mL tube with Tris Buffer
- Plastic Pipettes
- Take a tube marked Agar media, such as “LB Agar Media” and Throw away its contents into the 250mL glass bottle
- Utilizing the 50mL conical tube add 150mL of water to the glass bottle
- Making agar, Heat the bottle in the microwave for 30 seconds
- when the liquid looks yellow. This must take about 2 -3 minutes
- Take the bottle out and let it cool
- pour the seven plates
- Place your sample in the mortar, put-on buffer using the plastic pipette and then crush
- Take a new pipette and put-on a some drops of bacteria from culture you started in a previous day and spread over the whole plate using the plate spreader
- Allow the bacteria dry on the plate before you continue
- Tag the back of the plate in 8 different sections one section for your antibacterial control and one section for your buffer control
- Using tweezers take a paper disc and permit it to take up a drop of each sample
- control sections add a drop from your buffer tube and antibiotic control tube (Kan) on paper discs and put them in their sections on the plate
- observe after 12 hours and 18 hours, Bacterial growth able to be seen on the plate. A clear ring should form around your antibiotic control and your buffer control should have no effect
- Bio- hacking is the application of the hacker ethic to improve their own bodies with do it yourself cybernetic devices or introducing Biochemicals into the body to enhance or change their bodies' functionality.
cybernetic devices and bio-hacking:
A human microchip implant is typically an identifying integrated circuit device or RFID transponder encased in silicate glass and implanted in the body of a human being. This type of sub-dermal implant usually contains a unique ID number that can be linked to information contained in an external database, such as personal identification, law enforcement, medical history, medications, allergies, and contact information
Magnetic implants in finger:
- Magnetic implantation is an experimental procedure in which small, powerful magnets (neodymium) are inserted beneath the skin, often in the tips of fingers.
biomedical implantable device:
- implantable device that can read biomedical data and transmit it to the Internet via bluetooth. Instead of taking snapshots of your health by visiting a doctor, you can aggregate weeks or months of medical data that you can store for your personal viewing. Messages, warnings, or texts from your android phone to Circadia implant can be displayed via LEDs through your skin.
The device currently includes:
- ED Binary Chron Clock
- Biological Sensor Measurement (Temperature & Pulse)
- Bluetooth Communications Module
- Main Processing and main storage
What is a scientist?
- Someone who follows rules?
- Who publishes papers and gets grants?
- Can a scientist only do Art?
- Can a scientist never publish?
- Can a scientist never have worked at Harvard or MIT?
The term scientist conjures a very specific view in our minds. I don't want to be any of that. I can't be some of that.
The thing is to change what people think when they imagine a scientist they need someone to be that picture when they close their eyes.
That's you. The person who doesn't fit the stereotype of what a scientist is. You can be that scientist in someone's mind. People might have told you that you need school to be a scientist but the thousands of Biohackers across the world doing crazy shit would prove otherwise