Muhammad Khan Karachi Pakistan
Odor of Death
He was also waiting for the bus. He was clad in rags and the pangs of hunger could easily be read bold on his cute, undernourished face. He was dirty, dusty and with unkempt hair-a heap of garbage. Snuggled, with his head clenched by his knees, he was sitting on the dirty floor beside the bench on which other passengers were seated.
Suddenly, there was a commotion among the passengers as the bus had arrived and the conductor was announcing loudly that the bus was ready to leave. All the passengers were elbowing their way into the bus. He, also, dragging his feet, made his way to the end of the queue. All the passengers boarded the bus and settled down in their seats. He also tried to board the bus, but the conductor pushed him back. He remained adamant, holding fast the iron bar beside the door. Reluctantly, the conductor let him board the bus with remarks “sit on the floor at the back”, though a couple of seats were still unoccupied. With a gesture of gratitude he slumped himself on the floor. The passenger on the seats around him looked at him slyly, making disgusting remarks and covering their noses with their palms. “This scuzzy Minger is stinking”, remarked a neatly dressed gentleman to his fellow passenger.
With a jerk, the bus moved off. The weather outside was getting nasty. The clouds had gathered up and the rain poured in torrents. The bus sped up and now it was running on the highway. The bus had gone just a few kilometers away from the city when the cloud began to rumble deafeningly. The lightning produced cracking sound which struck terror in every passenger’s heart.
Everyone seemed extremely scared stiff. The environment of the bus was charged with fear and terror, but at the same time, the poor soul had an air of fearlessness and peace on his innocent face.
Suddenly, the lightening crackled with dazzling flash and hit a tree just beside the bus. Everyone in the bus screamed and seemed to have lost his senses. But to everyone’s surprise, the poor, dirty young man was still calm and peaceful, which added fuel to the fire and set everybody ablaze with scornful anger for him. Why did you allow this crap to be among the decent gentlemen”, grunted a bulky chubby young man? One sturdy, tall man with heavy twisted mustaches swooped at him and with a volley of invectives, slapped him across his face as if he were responsible for this lightening attack. But unresponsive, he kept staring at him with his charming, blue, passive eyes. He looked like” a gem wrapped in dirty rags”, but only a lapidary would know his worth.
Extremely terrified, everybody settled down and no sooner did the bus move than the thunderbolt hit the road just in front of the bus, then to the right side of the bus. The hell was pouring out its fire all around the bus. Everybody’s face was deathly pale with fear. Death was dancing in front of their eyes.
One of the wise men, among the passenger said, “Listen, we have a sinner amongst us travelling in this bus. God wants to punish that sinner, but it is due to the presence of other righteous persons we are still safe. Now we must find out that person and throw him outside the bus, so that God’s justice is done.”
The man, who had slapped that poor soul, shouted, “I can smell the Odor of Death. It is coming from this dirt bag.” All in the bus started shouting with one voice in frenzy, “yes, Odor of death is coming from him. Throw him out of the bus.”
The wise man shouted, “Don’t be judgmental, how could you say that he is that very sinner?” They again shouted, “Only a sinner can be so dirty and stinking”. The wise man continued, “You cannot judge a book by its cover.” But he is not a book. He smells death. He is our death”, they all had lost their senses.
They dragged him to the gate of the bus and flung him out of the bus. The poor soul landed on the metaled road with a loud thump. With a low moan of pain, he sagged to the ground and the bus whizzed forward. It moved just a hundred meter ahead and BOOM! The thunderbolt turned it to ashes. All the arrogant righteous people met their fate.
Actually, it was the presence of that one person who had warded off their death so far. As a matter of fact, it was the odor of their arrogance, callousness, egotism and shortsightedness which had tarnished their souls with filth and they sniffed its odor.
The Best Pet Dog for Kids: How it Benefits their Health
In a survey Conducted in 2000, by a renowned pet food company “I and Love and You”, 67% of the parents said “their pet was their best friend.” It is, of course, an undeniable fact that this adorable furry cutie-pie sneaks softly into our hearts and its lovely monkeyshines start tickling them. As our kids dispel gloom out of our lives with their little naughty hip-hop and frolicking around, their furry friend, too, at the same time, soothes those little withered roses with sparkle and freshness.
Colleen Pelar writes in his book “Living with Kids and Dogs” that “kids and dogs go together like apple pie and vanilla ice-cream or cookies and milk.”
In order to accomplish the task of making your family complete and happy, adding this furry friend to your family is inevitable. But looking for this family member is a much cautious task. Before you meticulously ascertain the characteristics of this new baby, let’s take a look at the health benefits of the dog as a pet.
Health Benefits of a Dog as a Pet
This new furry friend is not without any value. Let’s have a look at the benefits of this new member of the family:
1. Health and Fitness: It is a source of activity and exercise. Daily, this furry friend takes you out of your bed and walks you around, which keeps you healthy and fit.
2. Mood Booster: How can you stay in a blue mood when its loving eyes are glancing at you or when it comes to you for a fondling hug? Pets can alleviate anxiety and stress by encouraging liveliness and stimulating laughter. At time the best amusement is to play with pets.
3. Stress and Anxiety Reliever: Dogs make the stressed kids feel relieved because when they stroke the dogs, their bodies release a hormone called Oxytocin which soothes the anxiety system.
4. Loneliness Dispeller: Pet Dog reduces loneliness of its owners. It proves to be the best companion in loneliness. The pet owners who live alone report that they feel less lonely and have rarer petty health problems.
5. Lowers Blood Pressure: The unconditional love of your pet dog lowers your blood pressure and triglyceride and cholesterol levels which consequently might promote protection from heart disease.
6. Prevents Heart Attack: Dogs’ owners are expected to survive a heart attack more than those who don't have dogs as pets. According to “the 2013 American Heart Association Scientific Statement on pet ownership and cardiovascular risk suggested that dog ownership is probably associated with decreased cardiovascular risk.”
What characteristics should your Kid’s Dog possess?
· Size: The size of your dog depends upon the size of your kids. Small sized dog might be more suitable for your kids if they are small, as it might feel more comfortable being around kids. Your kids may also feel comfortable and confident playing around with their furry friend.
· Energy: Some dogs love to run about; others will like to cuddle on the couch. The kind of dog you might look for your kids can be a snuggle bug so that the kids don’t feel threatened by the hyper agility of their friend.
· Temperament: Do you have a jolly family? If yes, the Dog for your Kids must have a playful temperament; always eager to please.
· Care Requirements: How much grooming would your kids’ dog require? Would it be possible for you to take the dog for walks? Make sure you have considered your kids’ dog’s requirements and if you family is in a position to meet them before adopting that furry face.
Having mentioned all the traits, now it’s time to welcome new furry friend that could be the best playmate of your kids. Here is the one:
The Best Pet Dog for Your Kid
Sturdy, playful and eager to please, Pug proves to be the best buddy of your kids.
It is well known for having conspicuous disposition. It has so many charming facial expressions, which are always fascinating to watch. It is a very peaceful breed which makes it a perfect match for families.
Pug loves to be among the human beings and it is affected by its owner’s mood. It leaves no stone unturned to make the kids, who own it, happy by being really affectionate. It likes to play, but its restricted airways don’t allow it too much physical activity.
Pug has a breathing problem because of its pushed in nose. It has issue with regulating its body temperature, owing to which its body might get overheated, resulting in organ failure. Its diet needs to be properly monitored so that it may not gain weight. In that case it might be difficult for it to breathe and control its body temperature.
Tips for acclimatizing your Pet Dog
First and foremost choose a name for your Pug. The second step is to familiarize it to the happy and pleasurable things. Repeat your Pug’s name off and on so that it remembers it and responds to it when it is called. Thirdly, discourage the biting behavior of your Pug so that it ceases the bad behavior.
When training it, repeat the lesson. Pug doesn’t have long memory. Constant repetition is the key to train your Pug. Discourage its bad behavior of jumping at you by turning your back to it when it jumps.
Teach him to come when you say its name.
Help him to relax. Finally, make house rules for your Pug and follow those rules strictly. Otherwise, you will “open the door for mischief and accidents”
The doctors suggest “Parents are advised not to leave their kids alone with dogs.”
Muhammad Nasir Khan
Muhammad Nasir Khan is an educationist, freelance writer and canine enthusiast from Pakistan. He also runs a Youtube channel where he provides students and teachers English Language and teachers’ training lessons.